The first in what will be a regular series of articles, In the Spotlight shines a light on some of the great services and resources you can access through the library. In the spotlight this week is the Times Higher Education website.
Did you know that all University of Essex staff can enjoy unrestricted online access to Times Higher Education (THE) content?
THE is the voice of global higher education and your trusted source of the latest UK Higher Education policy news for five decades, making it an invaluable resource for all staff and students who want to know more about the sector. Creators of the most most influential university rankings, THE is the data provider underpinning university excellence in every continent across to world. Through this and their other work, THE provides a source of analysis and insight on higher education and offers unparalleled expertise on the trends underpinning university performance globally.
THE has grown from a weekly magazine into a 24/7 digital hub for HE, with new content published daily. Our library subscription includes access for all staff and students to:
- Daily global insight and intelligence.
- Subscriber-only Rankings insight.
- Regular newsletter updates.
- Weekly digital editions of THE magazine.
- Unrestricted access to THE online.
- Access to The resources via their Andriod or IOS app.
You can login to THE through the library catalogue. If you’re a first time user, you’ll then need to register before you can start exploring the site.
How to register
- From the Times Higher Education website, click on the Register button at the top right of the page.
- Register using your Essex email address ending in @essex.ac.uk.
- Click Join Us at the bottom and you’ll be logged in.
- You will be sent an email confirmation and will be able to access the site again from the catalogue and by clicking on the Login button on THE’s website.
To download the app
- Visit your normal app store and download the app.
- Select either the UK or the Global Edition.
- Click on tbe three dots in the top right and select Account.
- Click on Existing THE Account.
- Sign in with your THE username and password.
If you have any quries about TImes Higher Education and our subscription access to the service, please contact us on live chat via our homepage, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.