Our new library system is here and while there are many benefits to the new system, one aspect we’re most exited about is auto-renewals!
HOW AUTO-RENEWALS WORK
Books you borrow from the Library will now auto-renew. This means you won’t have to spend time or effort remembering to renew your books and you can use that time for studying! You will use that extra time for studying, right?
Auto-renewals will apply to everyone who is able to take out our library books and across all three campuses, so it’s good news for everyone!
However, there will be a few exceptions where books will not auto-renew.
- If a book you have on loan is requested by another user, you’ll need to return the book otherwise you could be charged a fine. The return date will be displayed in the notification e-mail you receive.
- Books will auto-renew for a year, or 365 days to be precise. Once you’ve had the book for a year you’ll need to return it, though if no-one else requires the book you’ll be able to re-issue it to your account.
- The books you have on loan will not renew beyond your library account expiry date. Library accounts expire once they reach your course completion date.
- Interlibrary loans and laptop loans will never auto-renew.
- Any items that are overdue on your library account won’t auto-renew. If you notice this is the case with one of your books, help will be available, just speak to a member of staff.
if in doubt…
You will be notified via your University e-mail if any books need to be returned. So make sure you check your e-mail regularly!
If you still have a question about auto-renewals you can contact us and we’ll be happy to help further. We also have information on our website about our switch to the new Library Search if you would like to find out more.